Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Commonly Asked ?s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Dec 19, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

This is just a suggestion, but maybe we should have another section within this forum of "commonly asked questions" It seems like we constantly get gearing, locker, and common fix questions on the board. I am not trying to discourage others from posting, but I know I posted a question about a detroit in the front a couple of days ago, and people's opinions and info on such hasn't changed in months. Just a suggestion to save space on the active forum boards.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

One persons common question is another persons level 10 of difficulty problem. Even I have posted some "common questions" but I often do that because the search engine usually fails to locate the answer (from previous posts) quickly, or the search engine posts hundreds of posts unrelated to the question. Enter Detroit Locker and you get hundreds of posts....it is often easier to ask again and hope someone will answer. I do not mind answering questions over and over again. It helps ingrain the solution in my head if I repeat the over and over. But I also see you point that many subject are brought up over and over.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html</a>
    So I says to him, I said, "get your own monkey."
    1986 K5, 350 GM Crate, 700R4, NP208

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I think its a great idea. Problem is the amount of apathy. I posted on the Feedback board to do this exact thing with relation to fuel injection stuff, left the post up for almost a week, got zero responses and very few reads. Sorry, but seems people are more interested in reading about banning other people than improving the database of information here. So I deleted the post.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. Isn't that what this board is all about? I read a post 3 days ago that could have helped me, I came back today to find it and it was 22 pages back! Took me a long time to find it. What I am trying to say is that if someone new comes on the board and has a question or needs help right away, they should just be able to ask it. For those who read this board everyday that might get frustrating, but that is the name of the web game, if you know what I mean.

Dont want to ruffle any feathers but I like the repetition, helps me out in the search factor.

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

6. RockyRider13

RockyRider13 1/2 ton status

yea, being a newbie (i prefer recently enlightend), I could attest to the helpfulness of another board for less complex questions.

Be a simple, a real simple man
    -Lynyrd Skynyrd

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Isn't this what Steve is basically doing under the tech section? All we need to do is get Steve an older rig so that he will have to do ALL the high tech upgrades and do a write up on all of them. Maybe someone can do a write up about the FI system and how to properly set it up and submit it to Steve so he can post it in the tech section.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>