Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

community college courses

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Feb 23, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

any worth touching ? i can easily get a course paid for of my choice but these colleges never have much at all, just automotive repair- in which i dotn want ot go and do, and HVAC, and thats about it,
    i would want to custom/fabrication type work in automotive sector, but nothing else, but no such thing exists at community college level, and HVAC i only have a few personal exeperiences with as far as window a/c units go and home gas furnaces go, but not central air or anything else.

anyone here gone through any community college courses ?

is it even worth the time ?

thanks

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm taking 12 hours at ACC(Austin Community College). They have hundreds of classes available. Are you interested in academic stuff or service instruction(welding, HVAC, woodworking, truck drivin etc). At ACC they have 6-7 different welding classes(basic to making art with plasma cutters).

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well... i believe that no matter what, furthering your education and gaining as much knowledge is possible, especially if the bills on someone elses plate..

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's a little tidbit about that custom auto fabrication bit.

A desert racer out here has a big shop and always has a lot of work going on. When he needs people and don't have any applications, he goes down to the local JC and raids the welding classes. He has hired people who have never touched a vehicle outside of driving it, but they know their way around with a welding torch.