Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Comp Cams Xtreme 4x4 Cam Kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RATAH, Nov 2, 2003.

1. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

If I ever recam or build a new motor I will likely go with the most mild Comp Cams 4x4 cam. aka I hear nothing but good things

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I went with not the lowest one but the next to lowest one. Not sure what kind it was. Haven't got the truck on the road yet but it sounds awsome sitting in the garage. Nice rumble when idiling.

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I have the 254H 4X4 Xtreme. It is a great cam for my 388. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Although I have thought about going one size bigger. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I have the second to lowes one and it works great. I got the K-kit, so it came with the double roller timing chain, matched valveprings and new of course, new lifters. Some other stuff too I think...

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I had the smallest one and it had loads of torque. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

i've got the comp 262h 4x4 extreme and its an awsome cam great power through the entire rpm range. the engine that its in is my 73 stepside.

8. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

I've got the lumpiest 4x4 extreme roller cam in my 406 and all I can say is wow. Probably not the best for crawling, as it doesn't make its torque peak(540lbs) until about 4400 rpm, BUT it still makes 380lbs at 2800 rpm. Its got enough on the bottom to roast locked 40's on pavement with an auto tranny. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I like being able to creep when I need, but still have the balls to play at the mud drags.