Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Comp. Motor Mounts & BBC??

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Burt4x4, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

On your site you have this quote:
    "They will not fit an original big-block truck, the frame bolt pattern is a little different"
    I am swapping in a 454 in my 72.
    I have a 73up engine crossmember/engine mount brakets that were givin to me so I don't know exactly what truck they came out of.
    What is the problem with the quote above? I mean is the cross member different in orginal BBC truck or is just the frame different?
    I want to order your mounts but just not sure wich crossmember I have? If I take a pic of it will you beable to tell if it will work with your mounts?
    This cross member and brakets I have were free and they are black powdercoated so I would like to use them....
    Please let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

here is the swap artical. My crossmember looks very similar to this. Just my mount brackets have two extra 1/2 holes in them on oposite corners (top to bottom) and my cross member has two more brakets that are not shown in this artical??
    Can you tell if the one in the artical will work with your mounts?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks StepheO /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't know what you need but I can tell you that Stephen does have the Comp. motor mounts in Wally. I know it can be done just don't remember what we did to make the motor mounts bolt in. Stephen will be back early next week to anwser questions.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think I figured out my question. I have the right crossmember/brackets to make it work so I'll be gettinum soon /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think you're set, you just need to make sure that the frame side brackets you have are from a small block truck.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks Brother Watson!
    I should be reciving my mounts anyday now. I ordered them when you were out playing /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I did confirm I have the SBC type side brackets!
    Oh man I can't wait to drive my K5 with a BBC for it's heart beat and Edel. MPFI feeding it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks again for the product! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think you'll smile.

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Got um! Very nice!!!!
    Hey so is one of the bolt holes not used? There are 4 yet the plate that is on the frame has only 3 holes. I didn't have a chance to line the two up so just thought I would ask??? Just look above in that article again and you see the 3 holes in the upside down L shape.
    Thanks Dr. W. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe there are 4 holes so the mounts can be used on either side of the frame mount. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool thanks for the reply, what you say makes sence /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif