Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Companies NOT to do buisness with.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

This is a alert from Brad the ORC's Land use guy.

Start going through this list and sending e-mails and letters to these companies. One of the asscociations they suport is attempting to bring back roadless. Look at the top right of that page.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259794
    [ QUOTE ]
    Companies not to do business with in the Outdoor Equipment industry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from a newsletter from The Wildlands Center for Preventing Roads (Wildlands CPR), a very radical eco-nazi group. The news item refers to a new campaign by the OIA to try to revive the VERY misguided Klinton Roadless Conspiracy. I strongly suggest not doing business with any of the member companies, that is if you value your right to travel in our nations forests. A complete list can be found at:
    http://www.outdoorindustry.org/about.memberlist.php
    I know some of you think me a bit radical on these issues, but believe me, the Roadless is a VERY, VERY bad idea.

OUTDOOR GEAR COMPANIES JOIN FIGHT FOR PROTECTION OF ROADLESS WILDLANDS

The Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) has joined the throngs of conservationists and environmental groups to fight the Bush administration’s ongoing efforts to weaken wildland protections. The OIA, which represents over 4,000 companies across the country, says that preserving roadless areas is good for the environment and good for business.

In May the association launched its “Protect today, play tomorrow” campaign in order to educate and encourage its members’ customers get involved in the roadless issue. The foundation end of the association has distributed posters and literature to member stores and has set up a website where interested parties can learn more about the issue. The OIA supports the original Roadless Rule, which would federally protect 58.5 million acres of roadless forest areas.

OIA members include such recognizable brand names as Patagonia, Timberland, The North Face, and Columbia Sportsware. The association estimates that 149 million Americans enjoy the great outdoors each year. Member companies of the OIA employ 500,000 people and generate $18 billion in sales nationally.

For more information, visit: http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/...IDOUT/406030356, and http://www.businessforwilderness.org/

[/ QUOTE ]

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

roads? we don't need no stinkin road!!!!!

that sucks they think the only way to protect is to shut it down, why not educate people so peopke protect all land.

i am aginst land rape, not land use. Why not stop/slow the developers that plow forests, wet lands, and farm land flat and put up ugly sub devisions.
    good luck with the land in your aria

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Why not stop/slow the developers that plow forests, wet lands, and farm land flat and put up ugly sub devisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
    As long as Americans keep breeding like rabbits, then someone will have to build new places for them to live. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Around here there have been campaigns to "stop the growth!" and supposedly discourage more people from moving to Colorado. But the census statistics show that 58% of this supposedly bad growth in the last 20 years has come from new local births, even after accounting for deaths in the same period of time. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You can talk to people all over the country and nearly all of them will tell you "This place is growing like crazy! Where are all the people coming from?" Few realize that most of the "newbies" are home grown...

As for companies not to do business with... You should have seen the look of the face of the salesdood at REI Sports when I asked him if they sold any good cold weather hunting boots. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i just really don't like what i see in my aria you have a forest, with a small wat er system that handles it self BUt wate we cant have this so they completly level it all out take out the high spots fill in the low and mess up the water system then they have to make all these flood areas to handle the water if they built around the water system the way it was the would probably have wasted less room, ah well theyll keep building now mater what so i am not delusional to that fact i also just dont like the shitty looking coocky cutter house and since i work in them a lot i se how crappy a lot are and how stupidly expenceive they are.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like that wetlands used to be protected areas, now here at least they are plowing that crap down big time. I'm surprised there isn't more local terrorism. THP(big developer in the area) had their H1 hummer firebombed a few years back as well as a few job site signs and such.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Ass**les. I tread lightly! I only play in designated areas, and I pack out what I pack in! I have also filled the back seat of my Blazer with crap I took off of the trail. Can't do that with a backpack and dreadlocks. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I was crossing my for Cabelas...whew! There is a Sierra Club regional headquarters across the street from my place. I'll make sure that if I ever snap and turn into a postal worker, I'll visit that place first with my armored front-end loader... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The econazis are typically some pretty strange folks. Most of the mountain towns in Colorado can't stand 'em. The townspeople complain that a horde of hikers or mountain bikers can come to town for an event, but all they do is use local services. They'll go into stores to use the bathrooms, but never spend a dime. As one person in Silverton put it "They sleep in their cars, eat granola that they brought from home, and won't spend $20 in the local economy in a week." Meanwhile, they love it when the 4WD crowd comes to town. Sales of fuel, parts, tires, groceries, restaurant meals, hotel rooms, souveniers, etc. all go through the roof! I went into the only parts place in Silverton several years ago to get an alternator after mine siezed without warning. The place also happens to be a gas station. The owner told me that he had sold more parts and fuel in the ONE week that Mile Hi Jeep Club was having their All-4-Fun event there than he had sold in the entire previous year! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

We need to start a email/letter campain to the companies supporting that crap. When they get flooded with people telling them they wont spend money with them because of the company they keep they tend to notice.