Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Company changing hands

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 81K5GUY, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

Well I was informed today that the company I work for (Weyerhaeuser) is selling off its fine paper division .I work in a paper converting plant so it will include my plant.The company buying us (Domtar).Anybody here work for or know anything about this company?From what I have read on the internet they are the third largest fine paper producers in the world so that makes me feel a little better .We used to be Willamette then Weyerhaeuser bought us out via hostile take over,now this happens.We sorta knew it was coming but kinda figured International Paper would be the buyer.Keeping the fingers crossed nothing much changes!

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I started working at my current job last March. In late May the owner retired and sold the company to his daughter. I was worried a little until I found out that she had pretty much ran the company for 18 year and taken a 3 year break to do other things. I quickly found out that things ran better as soon as she took over. I have also received a pay raise twice since she took over. So far I have been quit happy with the change. Hell I even work more now since it's more relaxed at work now.

3. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

i know this is a little off topic but why do some companies have stupid names?

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I worked for Weyerhaeuser for a couple of months in the flooring systems design. I couldn't stand it any longer than that. They were the biggest group of ass backwards people when it came to getting sh!t done. They would complain about too long of a turn around time, yet their "policies" were causing the process to take about 3-4 times as long as it should have. :rolleyes: Hopefully the new company will make things better.

5. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

that part of the company will not change just the fine paper part of the business .They claim they are revamping thier business strategy and plan on doing more timberlands.

6. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I left there about three months ago and they were changing a bunch of stuff around. They switched over to i-Level while I was there, which is more or less just had to do with the sales department. Another thing I couldn't handle was that the training I had to do was stretched out over six months. If they just got it over with, it would take two or three weeks and then I could be productive instead of focking off all day while jobs were backing up. Made me wonder how they run the other parts of the company.

7. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

the entire company is that way.I spent a week in Bowling Green ,Wisconsin back in May taking a class on electrical safety then a week later they decided that it wasnt needed so 30 people were payed for 8 hours a day plus exspenses(rooms,food,travel etc) for nothing!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  8. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

That doesn't suprise me one bit. One thing about it, I was going to Dallas 3 or 4 days at a time for the training. Well I got a little over $300 reimbursement for gas, spent $145 of that on gas, and picked up my 14ff just outside of Dallas for $150. So essentially they paid for my new rear end, paid for the fuel for me to drive half way across the state and back to pick it up, paid me for my 10 hours on the road, and bought me a nice dinner. :haha: