Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Complete 4'' inch Lift

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Jeremy_C, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Complete 4\'\' inch Lift

I want a complete suspension lift kit, preferably dontated to me but i'll buy it if need-be /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Re: Complete 4\'\' inch Lift

Stock 52" rear springs in the front and homebrew shackle flip in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cheapest way to get 4" lift if you already planned on crossover.

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Thats like speakin greek to me. I dont know a thing about lift kits, or cross overs, shackles.....embarresin as crap. I guess i'll just have to buy new so i know what i got.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 4" set of front springs with the steering correction needed, if you just want to lift it a set of 4" blocks, plus that would be your cheapest route, you will still need longer shocks and brake lines.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats like speakin greek to me. I dont know a thing about lift kits, or cross overs, shackles.....embarresin as crap. I guess i'll just have to buy new so i know what i got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, good thing you are on this site then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Homebrew shackle flip Total Cost $0 plus some time.

You can get close to 4" lift in the rear with that setup.

For the front you can go with 4" springs (factory length) to make things easy or do a search in the garage for sandman's posts about 52" springs.

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" Rancho lift with blocks and Rancho 5000 shocks (Used but good). It has been my experience that 4" does not require steering correction or longer brake lines (Just route your stock brake lines under the frame rail for the extra clearance you'll need). I took the leaves all apart and sand blasted and painted them. They will need new bushings and clamps (25 bucks or so for stock).
    Pricetag is $200/obo plus ride.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Yah if you dont know what you're doing, a complete kit would be a better option. Probably cheaper in the long run too...