Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Complete '83 K5 Blazer with Diesel at Junkyard

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Apr 15, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Complete \'83 K5 Blazer with Diesel at Junkyard

I just went to a local U-Wrench-It Junkyard in St. Louis, MO. I found a complete 83 K5 Jimmy setting there getting stripped of all its glory. I hated to do this, but I bought the tailgate off it. Comlpete power tailgate, rust free - less glass $34.95. What a bargain! Anyway, if anybody needs some Diesel parts or other stuff, this truck will be there for a short while. I would like to buy the whole truck and keep it for parts. It had motor, tranny, axles, Transfer case, red interior (kinda trashy), the grille and hood are gone. Looks like the throttle body is gone and the motor is setting out in the weather. Gas tank has some holes in it. The TUB is not too bad overall, the floorboards do have some rust and there are some dents but it is probably better than what I started with. I just thought I would relay the info.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

2. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Complete \'83 K5 Blazer with Diesel at Junkyard

I was just at u-wrench-it in K.C. where I live and they had 2 late '70's K5's. the motors and trannys were gone and they pretty much looked like crap. on the upside both of them had their tops and they were in very good condition with the windows intact, although someone had taken one of the tops completely off and it was laying in the back. can't figure that one out. maybe they wanted the bolts or the seals?

Phil
    82K5

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer,
    Been there done that !! I took parts off her already ! (Including a good tailgate cable, full set of topper bolts etc) I was thinking about going back and getting that tailgate but i guess you beat me to it. Bad news to report...My blazer got hit by a dodge ram 2 weeks ago !! I have now completed just about all the repairs..new fender, bumper, lenses, radiator repair and some trim parts. What a pain in the @$$ ! darn dodges.....
    Colonel Ado

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a complete grille setup for an '82 K5 for sale if you need parts. I would probably part it out if you just need specific parts instead of the whole thing. It is located in St. Louis. Darn you for buying that cable, I wanted some too. I need 2 new cables! Get ahold of me sometime. neilmarietta@toast.net

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer