Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Complete list of GM color codes for the K5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AuH2O, Mar 8, 2007.

1. AuH2O

AuH2O 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have or know of a complete list of GM codes for all the different colors these trucks were offered in through the years? I only know my own two codes from the service ID sticker - WA7475 for Steel Gray Metallic and WA8798 for Apple Red. Most are still available from GM from what I gather. I'm replacing the tailgate skin, so I'm gonna have to paint that anyway (and also paint the removable top), and I'm toying with the idea of repainting the whole truck, or at least replace the Apple Red with, say, Aspen Blue Metallic. In any case, I'd strictly adhere to the exterior decor combinations offered from the factory for my '88, since I want to keep the stock look.

I think Emerald Metallic coupled with Yukon Gold Metallic as a second (middle) color would look pretty good, but I've never seen a K5 painted that way in real life. Don't suppose anyone has a picture of a truck with that scheme?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I thought paint stores could do this. Tell them the year, they could pull up the codes?

Not sure what my '85-88 parts manual lists, but it does have things like RPO's. I'll check it out if I remember.