Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Completed 1" Body Lift, but have a couple of question.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Derf00, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Completed 1\" Body Lift, but have a couple of question.

I completed a 1" body lift yesterday, it was a straight forward install with only a couple of glitches. I did a search and read most everything others had posted about their expierences.

All the bolts came out with out any problems except one, the driver's side rear. The body had shifted just enough to where you could not get a socket on it through the frame, and had to be cut out.

Can't answer for any other year, but it was not necessary to drop the tank on my '90 Jimmy, the bolts are accessible through the frame.

My biggest concern is the shift linkage, it is adjusted right out to the end, are there any extensions available?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Completed 1\" Body Lift, but have a couple of question.

if you want to do the weld in extension, get yourself a piece of 3/8" diameter steel rod no shorter than the height of your lift (1" to 2" piece - i went an extra inch when i did mine), cut your shift linkage in the middle and weld it in....or you can completely build a new shift linkage like i did with the extra length already built in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif hope this helps

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Completed 1\" Body Lift, but have a couple of question.

It's typical to end up right at the end of the rod. You can extend the linkage with just about anything, just cut the rod, weld the new piece in the middle and you're ready to go.