Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Component choices..what ya think of these?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by seslick77, Nov 11, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Ok, got the Blazer running and reliable.....FINALLY!! Now we need some tunes.. What do u guys think of my choices? I've been out of the stereo loop for a few years so I'm not real up to date on whats good and whats crap. What I want to do is have a nice clean sound with good bass..not rattle my teeth stuff...thats what the exhaust is for!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Deck wise I like being able to tune it to what I like with an EQ. I love my Pioneer I have in my other truck but this years models I don't care for that much.

Anyway heres what I've come up with:

Deck: JVC digifine2.1 KD-SH55 (lots of stuff to play with)
    Speakers: Infinity Reference 552i 5.25" 2-ways(for the doors and in the rear)
    Sub: Infinity Reference 1220w 12" 4-ohm Component Subwoofer (just one, figured that would make enough noise)
    Amp: Profile 600MSX 300W x 1 Car Subwoofer Amp (this is the only thing I'm a little iffy about the quality..but its cheap)

Planning on doing all the install stuff myself.(Allways liked doing it) Going with custom built encloser for the sub and amp to keap it outta the weather and outta the eyes of thieves.

Thanks for help in advance!! Sam /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like it should sound good. The amp is the only one I'm iffy on also. I do like US Amps, but they're not cheap. I recomend you talk to BozoWise sence he runs a Stereo shop. I'm sure he can recomened the amp you'll need at a price you can live with.

3. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

The amp might be a very good one and it could be crap its a gamble, try finding out if anyone else has that amp, ask how it works, if not there are alot of other good amps out there for good prices. saw some good buys on ebay.Good luck!

Marshall

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I can almost guaruntee that I can beat those prices and get you some better equipment. I would change everything except the headunit. That is a nice headunit. I carry the JVC and have had good luck with it, yet not as much as the clarion. As far as the speakers. The infinity are not the durable and in a k5 you want something stout. I would look into some of the marine quality speakers. Shoot me an email with prices and I will beat and save you some money.