Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Components

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Zack, Mar 13, 2000.

1. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Hey guys!
    I am starting to get my rig together and I can't not have tunes!!! I am making custom side panels for the bed and I plan on putting one 15" sub in there and components in the front (qform kick panels probably). Now what are some good components that aren't all too expensive. I was wondering if it would be good to also run a set of components in the rear like the woofer by the seatbelts and the tweaters by the pillar. Now I am haivng a hard time finding a sub, compents, and amp to power my system. I dont' wanna go into thousands of dollars but I want a decent system. Would it be a good idea to run components to the front and midbass speakers in the rear? I really want imaging. I love the sound of surround sound. I would like the sub to kick some ass too. So if you guys can recommend a setup I would really appreciate it.

Zack Carlson
    carlson@shabnet.com

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!

2. NeXuS1

NeXuS1 Registered Member

I beleieve you can get some rockfords for under 200 with crossovers, but components in the back isnt normally a good idea unless you have a lot of passangers that want to hear your music too, in most systems say using 6x9's in the back its just for rear fill. Having front speakers and some subs is all right, adding some all right speakers like 6x9's or something alone those lines adds more needed filling, but if you have say a nice component set back there normally it'll drag your audio back, when your idealy looking to have it come from the front like at a concert. I dont know if i'm explaing my ideas well, i'm tired and need to sleep, but thought i'd try and give a try at it.

We are Blind to the worlds within us, waiting to be born.

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Ok, here is a quick and dirty sound system that will not cost you a ton of dough and give you some nice sound. Qforms good choice. Blazers have some serious flat surfaces. sound needs to be angled to get proper imaging. Everything but bass is directional, so it needs to be aimed for proper imaging. I had 2 15's aimed at the back window with an audio art pro series 300 watt amp. They sound expensive but are not. 6x9's in the sides right behind your seats. This gives you some imaging behind your head and fills the cab. A 2 way 6x9 would be fine like a pioneer TS 6920 or TS 6930(3way) both great 6x9's. They may have new model numbers now. A 6" and a tweet in your q forms for mid and highs maybe some tweets up by the window for more imaging, or my god if you can find them pioneer ts1625's. These speakers are awesome. I love them tight punch bass nice highs and bulletproof. Oh be sure to get poly speakers. blazers prespire alot. Pioneer head unit with a built in adjustable crossover or an Eclipse. both are great on not skipping. Sony is a good choice also. Get something with high power pre outs like 4volts. Use active crossovers. Passive can suck alot of power and for the Bass amp at least one stiffening cap. This should be a nice loud and clear system.

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Zack,
    If i were you, i wouldn't even touch those 15 inchs in an open air environment. Try something like Solo Baric 12's in small sealed boxes. The tighter the sound, the louder it will be. Bad sound waves cancel each other out. And you must power any subs correctly. Bad amp=bad sound. Try USAcoustics amps. They are good priced and made in..you guessed it..the USA !!
    Colonel

5. BlueKnight

sond waves only cnacel each other out when A they hit a solid flat surface or B fire at each other. If her wants loud ground thumping sound this will do it. There wasnt a head on the street that didnt turn when this thing was on. Accurate no loud yes, clear yes, impressive oh yes. If you want tight sound 12's are great but 10's are extremely accurate and snappy.

6. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by JoeAngelicchio

7. BlueKnight

I used to have a pair of speakers up high on the top in the back for imaging. It sounded great, but they wouldnt stay up there when off roading. So I just put some nice fill behind the seat and it seems to work well.

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Radio Shack has a set of tweeters that I mounted on the window pillars in the corners for 20.00
    Man it sure brought out the highs...right up front where I wanted them.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

9. BlueKnight

There was a trick I used to do on some installs. Put tweeters in the air vents. you could tune how much highs you wanted by opening or closing the vents. We would use small audax tweeters so there was still room for air to pass through. It was a cheap inexpensive way to get some highs and imaging.