Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Compter woes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Glock Girl, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Glock Girl

Glock Girl Registered Member

All of a sudden My computer is acting screwy. The backspace key now works the "back" button. its kinda annoying. how do I fix it. If its imporant I run Win 98 and internet explorer

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

What version of IE are you running? That used to happen to me all the time, Until I upgraded to IE 6.0.....

3. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Our computer does that...but i think it is suppose to. We are running windows ME and we have the newest version of Internet Explorer. And it has always done that. Maybe it did it before and you just never realized it.

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

It could be something in your settings.Go to your internet settings and see if anything has been changed.Because i know if your running an up to date program your computer may be stuck in stupid mode, or in english thinking its running the old settings.

5. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I use M$ Internet Explorer and *every* version I've ever used way back from the days of IE 4 and maybe a bit farther back and to the present day (IE 5.5) the backspace key has *always* worked as the browser's backspace button. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif You can use backspace in a text box if you're on that part of the page. But if you click outside the text box or hit tab accidentally (which takes you out of the text box), then the use of the backspace key will result in the browser's back button being activated...

Not sure how things work in Netjunk oops I mean Netscape...

6. Glock Girl

The problem I am running into is when for example I am typing in a post and make a mistake hit backspace and the back button clicks. Gets kinda annoying. This is a new thing I have had this setup for sometime now

7. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I guess the easiest solution is to not make mistakes... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Seriously though, that is pretty odd... I can't get mine to duplicate that. I looked through all the options and couldn't find anything relating to the issue.

If you find out make sure and let us all know so we'll know what to do if ours decide to do that... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Glock Girl

Must be I had a corrupted file or something. Reloaded IE and the bug is gone....thanks everyone