Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer Codes?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBadBowTie, Apr 12, 2000.

1. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

First Off I Do own a K5.
    Ok, My wifes 92 Full-Size 4x4 Blazer with a 350 & Fuel Injection has a miss. After changing the Plugs, wires, Cap, rotor, & coil. I belive it may be the o2 sensor, it could also be the EGR or possibly dirty fuel injectors. Does anyone know who to jump the computer connection block to get the check engine light to spit out a trouble code? And if so does anyone know the codes? Yes I realize this is a K5 page, but you people generally have the anwsers. Anyway hope you can help.

Rick
    86 K-5
    http://www.coloradok5.com/RMcPherson.htm

2. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

hey Rick, can I come over and play! Man you've got some nice toys!

I pulled this from one of the other posts (wasn't sure if a link to the other post would work):

<font color=blue>On '89 there is terminal block to the left of the steering column under the dash. There are 2 rows of empty terminals. Make a U-shaped piece of wire and connect the top 2 terminals on the right, IGNITION OFF! Turn ignition on after terminals are shorted, Don't start the truck! The ses light should flash once, then twice. This indicates the # 12. This is normal. It will flash 12 three times. Now, the trouble codes start. It will continue flash codes. 4 flashes followed by 4 more is a 44 code,(lean condition) etc. The trouble codes are shown in most manuals or re-post here and we can probably hook you up. When the light comes around to 12 again, all the stored codes are done. All codes will repeat 3 times.</font color=blue>

That should at least get you the codes. I don't remember seeing another post on the actual codes themselves.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

3. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I just replaced the EGR valve and the O2 sensor on mine this weekend. The truck never had a miss though. The codes were giving me flak since I bought (3 years ago) so I finally fixed it. Does your SES light come on? If not, it's possible that the computer isn't storing any info for the prob. Run a can of injector cleaner through the thing and see if it clears up any. EGR valve was causing me to run REAL rich. O2 sensor wire was cut (wonder how long that was messed up). But neither one of them caused a miss on mine.

I took the easy way out and got the reader and book. Don't know where either one are right now, but they paid for themselves the first time I used them.

Good Luck

Kyle
    89K5