Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

computer data transfer issues - PDA and Internet data

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, May 23, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

when ever i upload files online they get cut off short no matter what program i use, also when ever i connect my PDA to the computer it also cannot syncronize, i have no idea what to do, i turned my firewall off and no luck, heres my setup

win XP
    HP ipaq 2200
    cable internet
    what else do you need to know? i scanned for viruses with 2 programs, no problems /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

What OS are you running? Pocket PC 2002 or 2003???
    Are you using the USB cradle?
    What Sync program are you using? Is it Microsoft's ActiveSync 3.7?

I've got an iPaq 3650 (For Sale if anyone is interested. Also have a few Palm m515's) that didn't like to sync well until I got the latest version of ActiveSync 3.7. Now it syncronizes my Outlook mail, contacts and calendar just fine.

There is a ROM update available. Have you applied it yet?

If you are using ActiveSync andf it is installed correctly your iPaq should attempt to Sync as soon as you put it in the cradle (or plug in the cable if you are not using the cradle).

Check to nake sure the contacts are all clean and not bent. The little clips that hold the unit in the cradle sometimes get bent up making it hard to get a good connection.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the help, i have 3.7.1 installed, also have done a hard reset of the ipaq to reset EVERYTHING, then re installed activesync fresh and no luck, it says its trying to connect but never does, i've checked all the settings and it is set up correct....

also with the FTP issues any ideas? winsock messed up? IRQ conflicts? (trying to sound smart but only 1/2 know what i'm sayin) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif