Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer died... help..........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah..... so earlier, I was surfing the web... I opened up a website, and the computer just went crappo... Nothing on Internet Explorer was working, but I could get all the other windows to come up... let it sit for an hour, same thing... So I cut the power to the computer (yeah, bad thing I know, but it's honestly the only way I can get the darn thing to reboot or shut off)....

It'll load up until the HP blue screen, just before it loads windows....... hellllp, my dad's laptop is cool and faster than my crap computer can dream of being, but I hate this keyboard and horrible sound quality............. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

sounds a lot like what my old computer did when it forgot about the registry. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Send it to me, I'll fix it, and send it back

Really!

No hiding wierd stuff from me!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

re format the hard drive and re install windows /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

Can you get into Safe Mode buy rebooting and pressing the F8 key? If you can get into Safe Mode, then do a virus scan and delete anything it detects. If you can eventually get it to boot into your desktop, download Adaware or Spybot and find the spyware that's infected your comp.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What version of Windoze?

I second what Mudhog said, format/reinstall would be the fastest solution. Plus, you'll have a nice squeaky clean system again.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My dad got it.......... Thang is, my dad put so much bootlegged stuff on this computer before I inherited it that if I format the HD, I won't have Windows XP, or half the stuff I use regularly on here, since he doesn't burn any of the stuff to CD's...........

But yeah, this computer is just junk... Dad's looking at hooking me up with a refurbished computer from the company he works for, free of charge... Not old school either, they replace their computers about once a year, clean em up, format the HD's, and give them away /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

But.... they don't just give them away for just anyone... so my dad's getting it for my mom to take to work, but my mom's going to take this one to work, and I'm going to utilize the one Dad's getting for freeeee /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif