Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer gamers check in

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 12, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

any good games coming down the line? Last ones I heard of were BioShock(not sure of its present status) and Alan Wake(no updates since the last E3). So anyone know of anything good coming down the pike? As it sits the only games I play are, HL2/CS, Quake 4, Thief: Deadly Assasin, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Traded the rest of my games in or got rid of them.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha, cool...

um, not alot of decent stuff has come out and not too sure on future stuff..

but, i did pick up one that snuck by me awhile ago, F.E.A.R..... pretty freakin incredible game... intense and moments of sheer creepiness too... i highly recommend it... great fps, also uses a bullet time type action reminescent of max payne...

other than that, i've been bouncing around thru some older stuff... RTCW, Links golf, Medevil Total War, Far Cry, etc... depending if i want intense FPS stuff or relaxed point and click stuff...

i know theres a new Rainbow Six coming out.. a Tycoon style game, Tycoon:new york. Stalker has been rescheduled again...

how is RC tycoon 3? i really love the first one when it came out... i was always disappointed you just couldn't build a park from scratch, ya always had the predetermined parks...

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Call Of Duty 2...amazing. And the multiplayer is addicting/

4. ryoken

i heard it wan't really anything new, and kinda short... plus its pretty system intensive from what i hear..

for me, single player is all i really care about... not into multiplayer aspects... its been a pretty crappy year for pc games imo, other than some notables like HL2, Far Cry, etc...

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

The HL2 expansion pack is coming out very soon, so that I'm looking forward to that. Bioshock seems to be still alive so thats a good thing, and still not much on Alan Wake(damnit).

Want to upgrade my PC, wondering if I should wait or what... ugh so confusing to be a gamer these days. Everything is so console driven, but there are so many bad console games what is the point of that?

6. ryoken

its kinda funny for me cuz i suck at pc.. can't use the keyboard properly.. i really should be a console gamer, just for the controller aspect.. but i can't see investing in a system and games... and yeah, i'm only 1.7, 512 ram and a 9500 pro, so my sys is limited.. but i wont upgrade for awhile..

dude, get fear... if your into HL2 and such, you'll friggin love fear...

and how is Tycoon 3?

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like Tycoon 3. I liked 1 the best so far though. 2 was pretty fun, I don't know, the fancier games like that get the more annoying it can be. Same thing happened to the Sim City series IMO.

I played a demo of FEAR and didn't care for it much. I forget why at this point just know it wasn't a favorite of mine. Q4 is the best FPS I've played since HL2.

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I loved the original COD and COD UO...and I'm a WW2 history nerd. There are many different missions including a Normandy invasion and Northern Africa missions with more weapons in this one.

Short? 27 missions....

And it is very system intensive...but I thought that was what gamers like...:confused:

9. ryoken

yeah, its just that i heard its more of the same.. which isn't nesecarily a bad thing.. being a ww2 nut myself i really like the first 2 myself... i'll have to pick it up when the price comes down, if my rig can play it..

i generally think you want the opposite for system stuff.. thats the biggest complaint i hear from most.. like FEAR, tho it played ok for me, i've heard it gets chunky unless your rig is killer... i'd rather have engines that are groundbreaking without needing a 64 bit processor, etc... i guess you mean about graphics being optimized, etc... i just think and have heard when developers require that much power, its them being lazy and not optimizing codes, etc...

i know some peeps live to have the latest rigs and hardware to take full advantage of a game and thats great, i wish i had one... i just think its a downfall of pc games when ya need to upgrade all the time to play the latest stuff...