Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer Gurus Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

OK here is the deal. I'm a dipsh!t when it comes to computers ok. Never took a class one get the picture. Anyways I got a new one a couple weeks ago and I can not figure out how to get the POS to cut and paste.
    I drag the mouse across the word/phrase while holding the left button down untill it is lit up in blue then I right click and hit "copy". Then when I go to right click to paste I right click and the little screan pops up and the word "paste" is not in bold but rather gray and when I click it anyways I get nothing /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Also when I click on a link I get nothing notta zero.
    I have none of these problems on the puter at My parents house or any others for that matter.
    I do have windows XP if that matters and Norton anti virus set up as high as I can get it for what it's worth.
    Please help out a dumbass.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

try two things

first, for cut and paste...highlight what you want to copy, and press CONTROL+C, then to paste it CONTROL+V.

and for the last part...if your keyboard has the little "window" keys next to the space bar, hold down one and press the other. Those are function keys and i know from my own expirence sometimes it will get where one of them gets stuck in the software and goofs things up.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Run Windows update and install every critical update available. Then make sure your virus scanner is completely up to date.

One of the symptoms of the Blaster (or blaster-type) rpc worm was a grayed out paste option because paste used something with the RPC service that's eaten by the worm.

It may not be the worm, but I'd bet money that it is.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

his paste by using righ click is disabled for some reason, it is not supposed to be disabled, and isnt by default so something is not right and has been changed by someone,

i hate using ctrl and c and v to copy and pasdte, i never copy and paste with keyboard, using mouse to do this is so much easier and faster

someone must know how he can re-enable paste with mouse right click

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've never heard of that being enabled or disabled as a user setting, but that was an extremely common symptom of Blaster...

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well thanks for the info guys I'll see what comes of it. Either that or I get someone on the phone from tech support with a heavy Hindue accent /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif