Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer gurus, please help diagnose this prob...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Oct 17, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey guys and gals, I have a little prob with my printer. I'm no computer guru, but I need this damn thing up and running since I work from home and gotta print some forms and maps. It's an HP PSC 500 all in one jobber. I was printing some forms and it was about to run out of paper. When I slid another stack of paper in, it hit the one being printed at the time and then the dang thing stopped. I have no power now, no display, or anything, but the little green connection light on the back is on. Did I fubar my printer by this small act and need to buy a new one, or is there something simple I'm overlooking? I tried my plugs and all, but by the very nature of the problem, I think it had something to do with the paper incident. Either that or overwhelming concidence. Thanks all.

Bryan

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Try pulling out all the paper and openeing it up to make sure there's no jam anywhere. It sounds stupid, but if you can, turn the unit upside down and back up, there may be a sensor inside that may have gotten stuck somehow (I dunno if it is on your model in particular, but certin laser's have this problem).

Then call HP!

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

nada, but thanks for the ideas!!! I'll call hp in the morning. this chaps my arse...

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

When I used to support those for HP I only heard of that happening once before. Like NewYorkin said check and make sure there is no paper or anything jammed up inside. HP probably knows more about those now than I do, they were pretty new when I left.