Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer Gurus, What Does This Mean?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[​IMG]

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

If you are asking what a GPF is, that means an application (like office or a game) has crashed.

Is this a onetime occurance or does it happen all the time?
    I personally don't see how you make it with 256 of ram. You are running xp on a 2.4G processor. Buy some ram.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Get it all the time. But here are the specifics.

It's a game that I have, America's Army. It happens when I play online, but only after I die and I start switching between guys that are still living. And it doesn't happen all the time, in fact I went about four rounds before this happened. But it only happens when I'm looking at other viewpoints.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Windows video sub-system puked when your game tossed a bunch of crap at it that didn't make sence. Since this error was generated from the game it's also likely that it could be a result of an application developer being high on crack while he was coding. Check the games website [ America's Army ] for a FAQ or troubleshooting section to see if anyone else has had any similar problems. America's Army doesn't have a stellar reputation when it comes to performance or compatability.

If you havent updated your video card drivers, you could try that. Just go to the manufactures website and look for the latest version. While you are there look for troubleshooting section that might have some more info for you.

I'm not convinced that it is a Windows problem but trying different drivers (even older ones) will sometimes get you around some issues.

Here are some links:

Complete specs

Drivers

Intel Datasheet

Go ARMY ! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

It basically means, the cheapie imbedded video card your using can't handle the game your playing. Buy yourself a decent aftermarket ATI or Nvidia card and not only will your games run better (and faster) but your system will get a small speed boost as well. (doesn't have to share main memory with the rest of the system).

The imbedded video chipsets are not really meant for games, only as a way for system builders to save money. They are good for email/word processing/internet etc... but not much else.