Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer gurus - why do video's.........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BurbinOR, Feb 22, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Computer gurus - why do video\'s.........

Used to be able to play videos no problem...........computer is a pretty new Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop...............Win 98............windows media player................when I play the Blazer Safari video (9 minutes of fun stuff) the screen goes black..............but if I minimize media player, then maximize it I can see the video for a few seconds, then it goes black.............same thing over and over. Nothing changed in the computer that I know of...............any ideas?

Thanks.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Computer gurus - why do video\'s.........

You are using to much ramm.. Try closing other programs.. Also in windows 98 there is a system monitor.. Turn that on and run your videos.. Then look at the results if your ram memory spikes out your CPU.. Then you need to upgrade...Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have you tried shutting down all unused processes? Alt-Ctrl-Del and then clsoe items such as MSOffice and your virus protection SW.

Try this once and see if that helps. Don't run your laptop for regular stuff until you reboot - mainly for the virus protection. I turn MSOffice off permanently.

Is your disk full? Have you done scandisk and defrag lately?

Have you patched lately?

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>91 Blazer and Toys</a>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Well it is quite simple really..just hit the shut down option and stroll out to the garage and get in the SWEET[​IMG] TPI'd beast and USE IT!!!! LOL if that doesn't help I have no idea[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!