Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

computer help needed putting a movie file on cdr to play on a dvd player

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bad_bo_ti, Dec 16, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

is there anyway i can put a movie file off my computer on to a cdr to play on my home dvd player, yes my home dvd player plays cdrs and cdrws. thanks, chris

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think you have to have a DVD burner....

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have found out that some DVD players can play MP3s. With that being said, I haven't delved off into this arena far enough to learn everything. I recently converted some footage from my in-car camera into an MPEG. My partner's DVD player would play it, but it was skipping reall bad. It may had to do with the compression level I was using.

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Burn it as a VCD or SVCD and it "should" work in your DVD player. No need for a DVD burner. That said, I've never been able to make the damn VCD/SVCD's work in my DVD player. Although, it says right on the front of it that it will play them.:crazy:

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Sure, it's easy.

First, you need to have a program that can do it. I use NERO: www.nero.com

If your DVD player can read CDR's then just burn a copy of the file to the CD and put it in the DVD player.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I could never get it to work right either. I tried for a long time and got one movie to burn onto cd and actually play. I could never get it to work again using the same programs and settings that I had used for the one that worked. In the end it takes too much time and effort, not worth it. Now I just got DVD to DVD+R with my handy dandy DVDXCopy :whistle:

7. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

do a search for the kvcd and ksvcd format. You can put a 2 hour movie at damn near dvd quality on a 700 meg cdr. takes a long time to convert, depending on how fast your computer is. If you want to copy a bunch of movies, probably worth the spending the money on a dvd burner if you don't have one.

8. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

downloaded nero and i am now able to copy to cd to play on dvd player, already tried it and it works, thanks guys.

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If you're having trouble getting your DVD player to play VCD/SVCD's, it's probably too expensive. We have a Sony and a Panasonic DVD player and I couldn't get either one of them to play a SVCD movie. I told my buddy who gave me the movie that it wouldn't work and he said to go out and buy the cheapest China junk DVD player I could find and he'd guarantee it would play. I didn't get around to buying one, but my Dad happened to win a cheapo Coby brand DVD player (retail 30 bucks or so probably) and sure enough it played all the stuff the other ones wouldn't. The more expensive brands are actually programmed not to play certain formats that are commonly used for pirated movies in the interest of saving face, but the cheap China or Japan based companies don't care so theirs will play anything.:thumb:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

For a few bucks you can get a nice region free crazy Stuido Ghibli DVD player

My Pioneer 5 disc plays anything so far