Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer help please !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 7, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm having a major problem with "Windows Explorer". I can't open up anything except Netscape 4.7 becouse "Explorer" pops up with a message ( Explorer has couse an error in KERNEL32.DLL.) I've rebooted and rebooted and rebooted, but I still get the same message when I try to open about everything !!!!

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

dl a new version of explorer, if that dont work, do a system scan, if that dont work, virus scan, if that dont work, new computer lol j/k, i had that awhile ago, and found a patch on microsoft.com if i remember right, or was that for my taskbar screw up? o well, good luck

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You need to Download it or reinstall it...My outlook kept coming up with that. Reinstall it and then go to micrisoft.com and there is a patch file for it...Dan

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sounds like a virus! Before you upgrade anything, try to update your virus scanning software and run a full system scan. If you're having kernel32.dll crashes, and you can't open other programs, that's a pretty good sign of infection.

Do a search <a target="_blank" href=http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html>here</a> for kernel32, then read some of the results, and see if you have any symptoms.

If you're not infected, I'd say the same thing, re-install/repair/upgrade IE, then run Windows Update and see if that helps.

Good Luck!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do think it's a virus, now I'm having problems with the trackball, the curser keeps jumping around. I ran a virus scan, but it didn't find anything. I'm up to date, it updates itself everynight. If I still have this problem in the morning, I'll run a recovery program. I need to wipe this thing and start over anyways. It'll clean out all the old crap I need to get rid of.

6. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

window's explorer or internet explorer? if you meant internet explorer it should be as simple as uninstaling and reinstaling IE...IE is notorious for kernal 32 crashes when file's in IE are corrupt.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No, it's windows explorer.

8. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

what OS? if it's xp run system restore. if not have fun reformatting/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm using Windows "ME". Okay, I ran the recovery program, everything seems to be working fine now. I lost all my data, but no big deal, it's nothing I can't get back. I needed to clean the crap out anyways. I'm being carefull not to download anything I don't need this time. It did take awhile to reinstall everything, but oh'well, I'm back up and running now.

10. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Good to hear it.. Also you might consider making a recovery point now that everything is working alright.. I also have windows ME and everytime i make adjustments i make a save point...

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've already created my back up discs