Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer help!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Esteban86K5, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hopefully someone can help me out with this that is more computer literate than I am.

As of yesterday my computer has been acting up. My mouse is dragging behind my movements. If I move it around in a circle around the screen it jumps around like it pauses momentarily and then jumps to the new location that I leave it. "It's hard to explain, but that's the best way I can describe it" It's also been quite slow when I click on new things or when I am trying to open new sites or windows. Sometimes the computer can't even keep up with me when I am typing. I will type something and there is a second or 2 pause before the screen reflects what i have typed.(and that's pretty bad with my 10 words per minute speed):wink1:

By just that little info, can anyone help me find a way of fixing this. Where do I start? Nothing has been installed on my comp lately so I really don't know what could be casueing this.

2. Esteban86K5

I should also mention that I tried a system restore to a week ago and it made no difference.

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

What specs?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

First step is to download and run Spybot Search & Destroy It's a pretty good free spyware remover. Another one is AdAware Sounds like you have a keylogger that has installed itself on your system. They're notorious for hogging system resources.

5. Esteban86K5

After leaving my comp for about 30 minutes it is now back to normal. I am going to try the adware and see if it finds something. I ran it before, but then I got norton antivirus and haven't had a problem since.

Hey Joe, I would have no idea where to start on giving you specs.:doah:

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Umm...Ok...

Is it old? New?

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

How many processes to you have running? Have you run spyware detection software? Do all you components show up on startup?

AND

WH@t R TeH SP3CS!?

8. Esteban86K5

LOL. I ran Hijackthis on it and posted the log on the Norcal site. Shaggy is going to look at it for me i guess.

The computer is something that Willyswanter and I put together about a year ago and I wouldn't know where to look or how to tell you whatthe specs are.:doah: