Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer parts....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Jan 18, 2005.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey all...I just recently got an E-bay Account...and am looking for some RAM (512MB DDR 333) I'm at wits end trying to find a 'deal' cuz most seem to be maxing out plus shipping (~$62)what it'd cost me to go to the store and buy some. Is this my best bet to try to save $ or does anyone know of a hot place on the net?? Thanks for humoring me. If I can't find anything by this weekend, I'm just gonna go buy some. 128 just doesn't cut it for me (seeing how XP uses about 111 of it!!)

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its dirt cheap now , almost everywhere on the internet and in stores its 80 bucks and lower for 512mb of ddr333 . Of course better brands and overclocking capable chips cost more :D

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

i hear ya...but i live in a meca of computer stores. Avg. price in a computer store here is about $64 for OEM, about $67 for a brand with a 'lifetime' warranty. The kicker with the lifetime warranty brands on e-bay-the seller has already removed the UIC (for a rebate), so if I have a problem don't have the UIC to debate with (much less a real reciept from an authorized store).

On a seperate note, has anyone tried to sell anything on e-bay?? I keep getting freakin outlandish offers to send the item to africa!! ($100 more if I 'gift wrap')....yes, i reported em.

4. grundy99

grundy99 1/2 ton status

I just recently upgraded the ram in my computer to pc3200 so i now have an extra 512mb stick of Mushkin pc2700 lifetime warranty ram sitting on my desk right now.
    I have sold a few sticks of ram on Ebay before without any problems and was going to sell this one there as well but have been too busy to post it up. If you want i could just sell it to you direct. Send me a Pm if you are interested

5. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

for computers parts best place is pricewatch.com

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I just bought a stick of 512 MB 333MHz DDR at Staples on Sunday. It's $50 after you wait for the rebate. (But at least they do the entire rebate process online there. No mailing stuff in!). :cool1: I don't think that my system even uses the swap file any more. ;)

7. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

pm sent

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

newegg.com :deal:

9. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

yikes! Maybe i should open up an internet business....so i can price gouge everyone too. I am just gonna go get some this weekend from a local place for $63 w/warranty and skip the S&H.

(depending on what grundy offers of course...if i can help a CK5er unload something...)