Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer prob, everything is HUGE!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jul 21, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I went to check Email and noticed all the Icons on the screen were bigger so I clicked on my Email icon and everything on therewas bigger now I'm on here and everything is huge all the font, faces and scroll bars are like twice the size as normal. how do you fix this problem. Ever since we got it back from the shop it does some TRIPPY sh!t all by itself.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

is it just doing it on the net? if so if it is internet explorer go to view, text size and reset it. If it is the entire comp, like desktop and all try start>setting>control panel>display>settings and change your screen area. They might have reset it to 640x480 from 800x600 or something of that nature.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's the whole thing, so I went to reboot to see if that would work and there was no start up menu not even a tool bar at the bottom of my screen.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif So I had to shut it down by holding the button in and everything is back to normal now ....WTF this thing is wako..... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif wierd....

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Update your video card drivers.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What about the way my clock changes to one hour ahead no matter how many times I set it... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif We just had our hard drive wiped clean and a second one installed and this sucker is doing some wierd ass stuff /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How old is the computer?
    Do you have a virus scanner on the computer that is up to date?
    What programs have you installed recently?
    Is your time zone set correctly?
    Do you have any programs that automatically set your time installed and are they set for the right time zone?

7. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Im am guessing you have Windows 98/2000 or XP.

If so goto Start Menu, Settings, Control Panel, Display

Click the settings tab. In the lower right you will see a option that says screen area set it to like 1024x768.

8. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What about the way my clock changes to one hour ahead no matter how many times I set it...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is prolly the BIOS Battery on the motherboard weareing out. If you pop it out of the board. (Should be a tab or something that will release it. Oh and it looks like a watch battery.) Take it to a computer repair place, And see if they have a new one.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'ts new as far as the hard drives but it's about 3 years old.
    We have the new Norton anti virus scanner.
    Not sure of everything we have besides games, weatherbug, date manager and AOL IM.
    How do I set my time zone. I've clicked on the clock itself and changed the time that way , is there another way?
    As for your last ? I'm not sure.
    Thanks for all your help you gu'ys.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Double click the clock in the systray, thats where you change the time. There will also be a tab for time zone.

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My computer keeps reverting back to March 24th, 2001 for some reason. Funny thing is that is the date I got my only speeding ticket. Hmm......

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats what I did, I even tried tricking it by changing the time zoneand that didn't work either. Every time I start my computer up again its an hour later than it was before, must be the battery, but this started the day we got it back from the shop.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif