Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Feb 10, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Hey i have a computer problem, when i open my comp, windows starts up but if i click on any thing on the desktop or the start menu it freezes, also an error report comes up. some spy ware problem i think, i was going to try to start in safe mode and uninstall service pack 2,
    also i thought there was a way to do a system restore in safe mode? cant find it
    oh and hitting f8 and starting with last known good settings dosent help
    also i can run some of my programs from the start menu, all i really want to do is get to My Pictures and save tham and than reformat and re install
    thanks alot,
    dale

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

did you try hitting the computer with your fist?

a brick?

a bat?

just keep working up.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Fist and foot so far, I couldent find any bricks, and my roomate wasent home so i couldent get his bat:D

4. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

If your planning on reformatting, you can boot to the XP disk like you were installing, then select repair current installation; however, you will need to know the admin password to get it to work.

If you have a 2nd computer, you can install your HDD into the 2nd pc and make it a slave drive to get your pictures off...

I'd be careful of the BFH approach... works for steering arms, but not so good for HDD's :D

Scott