Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COMPUTER PROBS!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Aug 8, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys.
    i hate this subject..but my cd burner is pissing the hell outa me!! it just ate 6 f#cking cd's in a row..im simply trying to make a music cd..and it keeps coming up with errors EVERYTIME..i never had this kinda prob with it befor..i used it like a week ago to copy a cd. it also says something about errors being reported from the output device..?

Bryan

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you might try cleaning it

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how...

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

#1 - you can get the cleaning kits at any Best Buy Ciruit City, CompUSA, etc.

#2 - try lowering the speed that you are burning at. Sometimes that causes bad burns.

#3 - since you are able to create a bad CD... it might be time to get a new CDR drive. Newer drives have "Burn-Proof" technology that (long story short) protects you from wasting CDs... IE - it NEVER fails burning.

#4 - SMILE! Its just a computer... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Dan

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Internal or External drive?
    I had this problem on a pretty new internal Mitsumi drive. I upgraded the firmware and I think it went away. I was a hair away from sending it back to them with bullet holes in it, though...
    Are you doing anything on the computer while trying to burn? Sometimes using other resources can screw up the burning process.
    Are you trying test burns? That may help troubleshooting a little without toasting so many CD's.
    Is it failing at the same track/point every time? Remove that track and see if that helps.
    If you're using Easy CD creator, you should be able to click "view errors" and see what the deal is.
    Also, check the hard drive for any errors that may be hanging it up somewhere.
    If the burner's on the same channel as the hard drive, that may also be causing some problems, although very unlikely.
    If you're using "track-at-once", turn that off and try to burn one.
    If you haven't yet, reboot the computer (but turn everything completely off,then back on).
    It sounds a little like the buffer's running out but the burner just keeps going.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

the drive isnt that old..i actually biult this computer myself about a year ago or so..mostly just cuase my parents were to cheap to get me a new one..so i learned up on it..and biult my own lol. the drive has buffer under run protection, i am using easy cd creater as well yes. its not the platnium version though its the free kind that came with the drive. if i wanted to upgrade it ide have to pay for it and i dont really want to lol. it usually wil get up to like 3-4 songs out of 17 i was doing...and it will spit the cd out and say it was messed..i was doing test..then burn..but it does not matter the test wasts the cd to...i cant beileve i just wiasted 6 cd's in a night!! lol..

Bryan

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did you recently switch brands of CD-Rs? I have some cheapie ones at work that don't work worth a damn, but if I use the good ones they work fine. The cheap ones burn about 3 coasters for every good CD. </font color>

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

WELL..i went to roxio.com..updated the version i have..and after that it wokred again..and i notcied befor i updated it..i tryed to open it up from the program file were it was installed.and it said somehing about not being able to enizialize engine..? but i installed the update..rebooted..and seems to work..for NOW anyway lol..thanx for all the help!! this sight rulz i mean were else can you find a sight that covers so much 4x4..and yet..so much of topic to..haha its great!

Bryan

9. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

I was just fixing to say that you might try rebooting your computer if you had not. Windows is no where near the best in the world at reclaiming system resources. Often time you will find that some people refuse to reboot their computers letting them run forever slowly bleeding off vital memory and crazy stuff starts happening.

10. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I get errors with easy cd creator also but not with nero, try nero you will like it better anyway's. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif