Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

computer question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Nov 16, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

any suggestions for a good *free* program for doing registry repair? i had to pull the plug on my computer a few minutes ago because WMP locked up and ctrl-alt-del wasnt helping. anyway, my old computer was such a POS that i had to do this regularly, and it basically destroyed the registry. id rather not wreck this one cause its nice and new and expensive, so if anyone's got any suggestions on something like this, lemme know.

otherwise im gonna see if i can get a copy of norton utilities

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

dont know on that, but holding the power button down for 5 seconds turns it off reguardless of what its doing, and its prolly better then unplugging it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Format /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's quick, easy, and fixes ALL problems. There are a couple free tools, I'm not sure if Registry Mechanic is free (probably not). My favorite is going to Start/Run and typing "regedit". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dont know on that, but holding the power button down for 5 seconds turns it off reguardless of what its doing, and its prolly better then unplugging it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That does not always work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif When XP wants to be stubborn it can.

5. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Come over and help me with my axle seals and I will fix it for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status