Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer related, temp controlled fan on/off setup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Nov 7, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK, I just toasted a power supply. I have several fans in my case but I have this 92mm Tornado fan at pushes like 118CFM, I want to make it a backup, set it for 60*C and have it kick on to pull in alot of cool air. I know some front controllers do this but I'm out of of front bays, need something internal... set it and forget it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

OH man a Tornado. Those things are so loud. Ill call my friend who know a lot more than me and see what he says. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Cool, yeah its loud, thats the only reason its not inthere now. I have 2 92mm vantec stealths pulling in, one 92mm steath going out, one 80mm blue LED silent going out, two 60mm pulling in over the harddrive, and the new power supply has two 80mm fans (one pulling in the bottom and one out the back). So I figured if that was ever to get hot i want to know! A tornado fan kicking on would definalty get your attention! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What kind of case is it? Justr your run of the mill case? Do you have some front fans already? If not take the front of the case off and look for some holes in a square pattern that will fit an 80 mm fan. They now come with screws that you screw the fan into the case. You could put one of them in there.