Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Computer speakers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So who all has a really good sound system on thier computers ??? I've got a 3 piece Altec Lansing system (Powered Subwoofer, plus the left and right) Sounds almost better then my stereo system in the living room. But ofcores the speakers are closer here at the computer.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have mine lined in to my home stereo 100 wats of power 4 speakers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif the neigbors hate when i start gameing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LOL, I bet. Just add a powered subwoofer now !!

4. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I have the 5 piece Altec Lansing system. Sounds pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've got mine hooked to my stereo in my bedroom, which is too big for the bedroom, and would be better suited to the living room /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif All I need is a powered subwoofer.

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a basic 2 satellite one woofer sound system. It sounded pretty good.
    But the best thing I did for sound was get a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. It is night and day!

I think the best speakers for the money is the Logitech Z560
    at newegg click here to see

-- Mike

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i always wanted to do something like that..how do you do it? i have a sound blaster live! 5.1 card...

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I have mine hooked into my stereo... Dolby digital 5.1 through a 600 watt kenwood unit. for subwoofing, I have 2 15 inch speakers routed through a secondary amp ( yamaha stereo poweramp, pushing 400 watts) and since I used to have a great job that paid a lot, I have a GeForce4 card that does video in and out hooked into it all, so I can play games on my TV/watch movies/use my computer as a digital VCR/etc.

used to get in trouble when I'd play Red alert: command and conquer... ( back in the day, the parents would complain about the war in my room)

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how do you go about hooking that up to your computer? im going to rebiulding my computer cuase the MOBO blew in it..so ill be adding a new case with a window for looks and glow in the dark cables and lights and all that fancy stuff. and a new mourd/cpu/ram combo....but i would like to know how to go about hooking a stereo system up to a computer...

10. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Yea right!! I have a Yamaha system that is a wife pisseroffher, Can't even play the main unit loud when watching a movie.

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

take the audio out port on the back of your soundcard, and hook it to an audio in port on your stereo. to get from `headphone' to `RCA jack' you can get a cable from any electronics store for a couple of bucks. if you want to use your computer for recording stuff off your TV, you'll need a video card that can do video capture, and basicaly hook your computer up in a VCR port on your sereo. ( this way, it can record from other sources, and still playback from your computer)

-Rich

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it is easy go to radio shack and get the corect plug and go from your soundcards out to the stereo aux in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

Ddragggon, you are the man. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I used almost the same setup, only mine is Dolby 5.1 into a 600w Aiwa with a 4 peer center channeled Sub setub. I used mine for Team Fortress Classic. It is also the only way to go for playback /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif on that old .mp3 collection!!!

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

headphone to RCA jack...what do you mean? why would i need to do this..