Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

computer surround sound

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 23, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yes, I am now without a doubt a mack daddy as far as home entertainment goes... All I need now is a big-screen TV and we're all set :)

I bought a subwoofer for the stereo in my room which is hooked up to my PS2 for surround sound purposes... my TV is too big a piece of crap to have surround sound come from that... ANYWAY... I hooked up the subwoofer and then was inspired to add some more speakers to my computer system...

I wanted to hook up all four of the extra speakers I have, but when I spliced into the main speaker line, having 6 speakers and a subwoofer was a little overkill and it didn't work, so I took off the two smaller speakers, still no go, so I took off the two big speakers, replaced the two smaller speakers, and now I have a 4 speaker and a subwoofer system for my computer :cool1:

Nowwww........ Next on my list since I can't afford a TV........ 12" car subwoofers in the bedroom and another on the computer :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: that'll take a long while though I'm guessing...

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Are you actually getting surround sound or are you just jimmying as many speakers as you can get together?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

welllll.....

If you want to get technical...

What I have in my room is "actual" (as in Dolby 5.1) surround sound... What I have here on my computer is just a bunch of speakers... But they're surrounding me, therefore they are surround sound :D