Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cone washers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gravdigr, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

So after beating on my old steering arm for a couple hours with a BFH I decided to get out the blue wrench and after about 15 minutes of careful heat application I had the old steering arm off. In the process the existing cone washers were destroyed. I call around and the only place that can get them is the dealership.....$10 EACH /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

WTF they aren't diamond plated gold for gods sake. Does anyone happen to know of a source which can supply these a bit cheaper?

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you have any dimentions...
    I work in a washer factory..
    We Manufacture parts for Ford/GM...
    There is a chance...we could be making them NOW!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

without measuring I would guess they ar about an inch long with a 1/2 inch hole down the middle. The top of the washer is about an inch in diameter tapering to the bolt size at the bottom. It also has a split going down the one side. I'll probably be biting the bullet and buying them but I still think $10 each is too much.

Jesse James lives (not the one from west coast choppers, the one that robbed people in the old west)

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i think ord sells them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I know sky-manufacturing sells them, cause thats where i got mine for my crossover steering arm. ORD might sell them also.

6. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry...We make nothing that small...an inch long..

Yah...I sounds like you're gonna have to bite the bullet on that one... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

$10...I wish WE could get money like that for our washers!!!
    I could retire early!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have extra cone washers by the dozen in a can in the garage. I will ship 3 of them to you for $10. All are in excellent shape, too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have extra cone washers by the dozen in a can in the garage. I will ship 3 of them to you for $10. All are in excellent shape, too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell I just ordered 3 from the dealer..maybe I can cancel the order if you are serious...I'll e-mail you

9. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

gmpartsdirect may have them cheaper than the dealer

10. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell I just ordered 3 from the dealer..maybe I can cancel the order if you are serious...I'll e-mail you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I'm serious. I hate paying too much for stuff like that so when I dismantle trucks, I keep the small petty stuff that everyone's looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Shoot me your address info so I can mail them out. Make sure you can cancel the order first. But if you can't, just take them and wait a day or so and take them back. Tell the parts guy "they won't fit/work as I forgot to mention I have a D60." /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I'm serious. I hate paying too much for stuff like that so when I dismantle trucks, I keep the small petty stuff that everyone's looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Shoot me your address info so I can mail them out. Make sure you can cancel the order first. But if you can't, just take them and wait a day or so and take them back. Tell the parts guy "they won't fit/work as I forgot to mention I have a D60." /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You have mail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I thought it was recomended that you didn't reuse cone washers?

13. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought it was recomended that you didn't reuse cone washers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell did you hear that? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif