Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Conferr products...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UseYourBlinker, Jan 15, 2004.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I thought a scored a good deal by picking up a 4' x 5' 1 piece welded 6 inch side roof rack for my K5. Well come to find oput the bracket kit was over $100- Well I bought the kit and mounted my rack. I was happy. Then I bought a floor kit for it well over another $100- The kit came with 13 bars,and a tiny bag of screws to mount the bars. Well I could only mount 7 bars dew to the fact I didn't have a enuff screws. You would hope they would give you enuff damn screws. Then I got some light mounts (I didn't like them so I wanted to return then. The guy on the phone gave me some crap ( Well why did you order them, What's wrong with them?) I just wanted my $$$ back. I changed my mind about mounting more lights on my rig OK!. Just wanted to rant.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Yeah, I kind of did the same thing. I got the huge 5 x 6.5 x 4 rack from a guy for $150. It was a good deal as it is almost new. Thankfully, it came with the adjust a mounts, I needed 8. He made a floor out of wood, and put it all together with stainless steel hardware. The only thing he didnt have was the well-nuts to put in my roof. So I called con-ferr and ordered them. OK so far. This was last week. So I called them today to get the tracking number and look it up on Ups. The damn things were in the right state, wrong zip code. So I called them back and asked them what happened, they said Ups screwed up, so I asked the guy to repeat my address back, and guess what? They screwd up by one number. So anyway, they are sending me new ones, free of course since they screwed it up. I think they have a good product, just not real friendly people working the phones. BTW, summit racing sells their stuff, and its almost half of what it shows on the con-ferr site.

Mat

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Bought my Kargomaster Sarengetting 52x76 inch used for $300 including mounts for Shovel, Axe, High lift and 4 light brackets. Guy I got it from said he had $900 tied up in it. I did so looking around and best price I found on the main rack was $470. It's not perfect. It's caught a few branches and some of the brackets were over tightend and ovaled the tube. http://www.kargomaster.com/serengeti.asp It's what I wanted. I wanted it for our Pill rig 88 Burb for Bikes, small Generator and Gas can.

I do need a Jerry can mount but I want the one for the NATO style cans. Better mount for a better can but I haven't run across the one I saw again.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    You better go campin & wheelin with us the weekend of the 24th!

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Conferr is owned by Off Road Unlimited. ORU are known to be jerks and jackoffs. I'm not surprised you got that treatment over the phone. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif