Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Confused about days off and holidays.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Feb 19, 2004.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Okay, I work Third Shift and Terri works First Shift. Since we are both into law enforcement our holidays do not fall on the actual day of the holiday because of the 24 hour scheduling. I have Monday and Tuesday off which would be my Saturday and Sunday and Terri has Tuesday and Wednesday off so that would be her Saturday and Sunday so my Saturday which is Monday would be Terri's Friday which in turn makes Terri's Friday that is actually Monday my Saturday so then Tuesday which is my Sunday would be Terri's Saturday which is not as previously mentioned Saturday but Tuesday making Terri's Saturday which is Tuesday my Sunday so my Monday which is Wednesday is actually Terri's Sunday and Terri's Sunday would be Wednesday which is actually my Monday so that would make Thursday which is my Tuesday Terri's Monday unless she has a holiday on Thursday which is supposed to be her Monday but would be her second Sunday because now she doesn't work until Friday which should be her Tuesday but due to the holiday is now her Monday and if I have a holiday on Wednesday which is supposed to be my Monday which is Terri's Saturday unless her holiday was taken on Monday which is supposed to be her Sunday and is actually my Saturday that would make Thursday which is my Tuesday her Monday again and if I took my holiday on Saturday which is actually my Thursday then that would make Wednesday which is her Sunday my Monday unless she has a holiday on Thursday in which case that would be her second Sunday my Monday again so if we have a second Sunday due to a holiday would that make our Monday which is usually Wednesday or Thursday our Tuesday or our Monday?
    John

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You may need to get some sleep /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Man I hated working third shift, one day of overtime and I was working literally everyday... the 65 mile each way commute didn't help either /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Sounds like youve run out of time to ride the Harley...I'll sacrafice a week of my life to come all the way to Colorado to pick it up from you /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay, I work Third Shift and Terri works First Shift. Since we are both into law enforcement our holidays do not fall on the actual day of the holiday because of the 24 hour scheduling. I have Monday and Tuesday off which would be my Saturday and Sunday and Terri has Tuesday and Wednesday off so that would be her Saturday and Sunday so my Saturday which is Monday would be Terri's Friday which in turn makes Terri's Friday that is actually Monday my Saturday so then Tuesday which is my Sunday would be Terri's Saturday which is not as previously mentioned Saturday but Tuesday making Terri's Saturday which is Tuesday my Sunday so my Monday which is Wednesday is actually Terri's Sunday and Terri's Sunday would be Wednesday which is actually my Monday so that would make Thursday which is my Tuesday Terri's Monday unless she has a holiday on Thursday which is supposed to be her Monday but would be her second Sunday because now she doesn't work until Friday which should be her Tuesday but due to the holiday is now her Monday and if I have a holiday on Wednesday which is supposed to be my Monday which is Terri's Saturday unless her holiday was taken on Monday which is supposed to be her Sunday and is actually my Saturday that would make Thursday which is my Tuesday her Monday again and if I took my holiday on Saturday which is actually my Thursday then that would make Wednesday which is her Sunday my Monday unless she has a holiday on Thursday in which case that would be her second Sunday my Monday again so if we have a second Sunday due to a holiday would that make our Monday which is usually Wednesday or Thursday our Tuesday or our Monday?
    John

[/ QUOTE ]

What we have there ladies and gentlemen is a bunch of words with a lot of meaning but makes no sense to a normal person.

Sounds like an interview with a NASCAR driver after a race.