Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Confused????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cocky, Mar 31, 2000.

1. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I'm confused about whether rocker boxes are necessary or not. Some people say they are and some say they aren't. The reason i'm curious is i am putting a smittybuilt front hoop in my blazer and the boxes are in the way of the mounting plate for the roll bar. May be i could take them out and the 6 point cage would provide enough support for the body. I'm not sure and don't want to mess up the body on my k5. Could somebody please clear up this confusion? Thanks in advance

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Confused???? so am I so I take the blue pill the doctor gave me.

DO NOT CUT THE BOXES OFF! They are VERY important. They are the strenght that keeps the body from folding. I wish I had a pic of my 75 before I replaced the floors. The rust was so bad that the fire wall tipped back when the boxes rusted free and the top of the door over lapped the side by 3 inches.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. cocky

cocky Registered Member

Re: Confused???? so am I so I take the blue pill the doctor gave me.

Grim-Reaper,
    So if i shouldn't take out the boxes, how do i mount the front hoop for my roll cage?

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked