Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Confusing amp advice...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BillyBob, Mar 26, 2001.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine told me to do this. Now, I know almost nothing about audio stuff, so bare with me. I have some Amp that looks like it came straight outta the ghetto. It's made by Urban. Anyway, it's a 4 channel, 200 watt amp. I don't know much more about it than that. Well, I'm only going to be hooking up my pioneer 10" subs to it. Now, he told me to wire the positive wire from the sub to the front side positive terminal on the amp, and the negative to the rear side negative terminal in order to get the optimu sound outta them, then switch the amp to 2 channels. Will this work? It sounds kinda weird to me. Also, how do I hook two seperate amps together? I may want to do this for some other speakers I may get later. It's just a thought.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://billybob.coloradok5.com>http://billybob.coloradok5.com</A>
    If it ain't leaking oil, it ain't my truck![​IMG]

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

3. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

Your friend may be a tad confused... You can bridge the channels to the sub (rear channel left positive to the sub, rear channel right negative to the sub, voila, 2 channels become 1) But not the way he described it. Since its a 4channel amp, I'd say use the front channels to drive your mids and bridge the rear channels to that sub.

The way your friend desribed it was almost as if turning the amp into a single channel, and the only 4 channel amp I know of you can bridge into 1 channel is an ESX......

So like DBLAZER said, NO NO NO NO NO ;)

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status