Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Congrats to Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

surprised it hasn't come up yet... but Lance won his 7th straight Tour today. Go Lance! Such an amazing career after fighting off cancer. I have little doubt he could come back again next year and win it again... but there are no more challenges left for the guy, he's done it all... including "going out on top" unlike the rest of the great tour champions. Anyway, gj Lance! :laugh: :usaflag:

j

2. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

Yep, huge win. I finally this year got a good sense of how important the team you ride with and its strategy is to winning. I'm not a student of cycling and I'd never realized it wasn't basically a solo effort.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Viva Le Lance.

I've been watching him for the past 5 years, one hell of a winning streak, 7 in a row, wow.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The guy is on a level all his own. I find it incredible that the guy could hold a strait face while some Euro scumbag spits in it and calls him names. There are several other good up and comeing Americans to watch in the years to come. Nothing like seeing the Star Spangled Banner being played in Paris.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have alot of respect for Lance. I'm not into the bicycle thing, but damn, surviving cancer, and winning that race 7 times. My hat is off to Lance. Oh, and Sheryl Crow for a girlfriend, that man has it going on !!!!!