Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

connectors for power steering cooler...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Feb 4, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a WTO hydro steering system and am going to add a PS cooler soon. Question, is it ok to use a cooler with standard barbed/hose-clamp style fittings or because of hydro will i need something that can withstand a higher pressure? Pretty dumb question I know... but I just wanna make sure before I go ahead and order to the cooler. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

As long as the cooler is on the LOW-PRESSURE, return line from the box to the pump, you can use standard barbed fittings...if you put it anywhere else (link in the line to the ram or the high pressure line to the box) you will need to make sure you have super high pressure fittings and cooler..I would stick to the KISS principle and put it on the return line from the box to the pump..

Chris

3. jekbrown

lol, which one is the return line again? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

j

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

you will know if you have the wrong one when it blows the hose off. Thats how I found out...

5. jekbrown

lol!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I *think* the return line is the forward-most line on top of the box...My return line has regular collar style hose clamps holding it to the pump, the High Pressure line is threaded with HP fittings..

Chris

7. jekbrown

ok sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif cooler ordered. thanks much every1, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

just use the low presuure side hose. I run a regular tranny cooler for a steering cooler it works great and havent had a problem. the low ressure side is the hose that uses a hose clamp, you cant miss it