Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cons of 56inch springs???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

ok with everyone one running 52s up front I saw a post w/ someone doing 56s up front, one of the guys from Washington I think, I it got me thinking: first wouldnt be a better setup a little more flexier and you would need to redrill the spring hanger hole, and Id be running using 56s w/ everyother leave out. So what would the cons be to this setup??????? b/c I cant think of any

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I run 52's and a buddy runs 56's up front. I flex better than him. It could be the fact that I run 40's on a D60 and he runs 48's on rockwells. I just don't see the point when 52's are free and flex like mad. Another thing is if you run 56's backwards your front axle will be 4" forward and you will have pinion angle problems that will take some serious thought to correct. 52" springs push your axle forward 2" and they are symetrical so pinion angles aren't as big of a deal. Remember, to successfully run 52" or 56" springs up front, x-over steering is a must.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

spring length question

what is the stock length on the k5? id always thought they were 52" but then id never thought to measure my old one :(

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

52" in the rear and roughly 48" in the front.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

aahhhh

that makes sense. they did have 52" springs, just not in front lol so i was almost 1/2 right :haha: