Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

considering selling 1 of my k5's... what would a good asking price be?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by solowookie, May 12, 2003.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

considering selling 1 of my k5\'s... what would a good asking price be?

I'm considering selling darth blazer... this has a new epoxy primer paint job (was sanded down to metal, and is all in good shape except needs new tail gate skin - had to kill that infamous chevy surface rust). I've got a spare tailgate in perfect condition that needs painted, and put in place. would consider letting it go with it.

anyway - has 4"BDS lift that gave approx 5.5" of lift... it has greasable bushing all the way around, steering box brace, custom vdo gage cluster, rear disk breaks, new engine (stock 350 internally balanced with comp cam xtreme energy chip), 3/4 ton axles (14B FF rear, D44 front)... swap bar disconnect kit... big-o xt 35" tires, all 6 on 16x10 8 lug rock crawler wheels... has 241 tcase with sm45 tranny...

what would a fair asking price be for this??? wife needs a car, and I'm going to put a small lift on JMT, and run it instead... (got too much $$$ into that one now)

check out website here with pic's (this will show up tomorrow, domain expired)
    pic's in members gallery

about 12,000 miles on tire (have been rotated like clockwork, and have been rotating the spare in as well), and engine has about 10,000 miles on it... extrememly smooth running engine...

so what is this thing worth?

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Re: considering selling 1 of my k5\'s... what would a good asking price be?

What year is it? Down here, K5's in the 80's get around $5,000, and that's stock.

3. solowookie

it's an 89... TBI, and as mentioned above loads of extra's. it's my baby, but I've got too much in the other one to sell it (one with nice paint job). however, if I could get $6500 out of the other one I would let it go in a heart beat.

4. solowookie

this is not a for sale add... would love to see some more comments on what somebody would be willing to pay for something like this.

I'm still debating on what direction I'm going to take with this.

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Right now, in the paper, is one for $4,900, it's an 89 and doesn't look that bad, but it's stock. I'd say, try to sell for about $5,500 and work down from there

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i bought this last april for 7k with 35's stock 10 bolt axles and open diffs..... so i think someone will give you what your asking if you have time to wait for the right buyer. i dont regret what i spent on the k5 and would but it again in a heart beat
    [​IMG]

7. solowookie

I think I'll put it up for 6 grand then, but not be too flexible on price (I don't dicker / like to dicker). got a ton of off road extra's as mentioned, but interior is not pretty. from factory didn't have headliner etc. but is all in good shape except the floor covering.

I'm going to put both k5's up for sale, and see which one I get rid of first. pretty one for $6500, and off-road for $6000.

gotta get the cleaned up, and get some good photo's.