Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

console/dash shotgun rack??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by buzzk5, Nov 24, 2001.

1. buzzk5

buzzk5 Registered Member

i know k5's were used for military and law enforcement in some parts,...has anyone
    ever seen one of these gun holders, i'm sure their out there somewhere, ...is there
    a website for this junk???

jeeps arn't real blazers.....

Dave
    80K5 on ice

are they all spinning?????

2. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

you can try searching for DRMO (defense reutilization marketing office?) that is where all the old stuff that the air force don't want goes to. they usually have auctions to unload the stuff.
    oh, all the blazers i've seen used on this base over the years had the gun racks in the back not on the dash.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I don't know where you live, or if you're even concerned about it, but a shotgun in a police-style dash rack will probably attract the law like odor on feces...

With that said, Coleman's Surplus--<a target="_blank" href=http://www.colemans.com>www.colemans.com</a>--has a lot of military stuff for vehicles. I specifically recall seeing the mounts for mounting M16's in CUCV's in their print catalog. Basically a steel cup-type thing for the butt, and a quick release clamp for the barrel. BUT, I've used these before (in a CUCV), and I'm not sure if they'll accomodate a shotgun barrel.

"...For the land of the free, and the home of the brave"

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Here you go.. Cabelas as everything.. I was thinking about the overhead rack.. But it might hurt my head...LOL KLICK