Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

console idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jan 21, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

honestly, i dont know to much about tuffy or other after market consoles. but my factory one is deep enuff that it is quite difficult at nite to see inside to get stuff. the over head lite just does not put out enuff lite or it is situated in a location not compatable to seeing into the console. so i deviced an idea of taking a coleman magnetic battery operated tent lite (available at walmart) and placing in there against the rear of the console and i have lite at the push of a button ! also some of the newer hang-dangled lites such as the "tap lite" would also work. hope this idea may be of benefit to some.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Those light's they put in there don't do much good. I am presently looking for an over head console out of a 98 or so suburban. These have lights in them that you can turn and point so i'm hoping this will help some with the lighting. But that is a good idea. I had thought about going and getting one of those little white neon tubes and mounting it in there.

James

91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by jc71355 on 01/21/02 09:26 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I put a glovebox light in mine, complete with the switch. When you open it, light comes on, close and it goes off. Eliminates the extra step of turning something on.

My Sub has the overhead console with the moveable map lights, but who wants to mess with them all the time to aim them where you want to see inside the console?

Haze gray and underway...<font color=blue>or blue, in my case.</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/26246038MbQsYWKcbo>U.S.S. Nimitz II</a>

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Our '89 sub has the pointable lights in the overhead console too. I looked at putting one in the Blazer a long time ago, it was a little too long, but you could probably make it work. It just happens to be for sale, too. You should buy it and give it a shot. [​IMG]

You might also see if they ever came stock in the same vintage Blazer.

I solved the problem by keeping a Mag light in the top of my console.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd