Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

console question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blueandyellowed, Mar 1, 2007.

1. blueandyellowed

blueandyellowed Newbie

quick question, i am currently in iraq, and i just bought my first k5 via autotrader, and it's being delivered to my house and what not, well, long story short, i'm gonna be here for four more months, and i am going to order parts and have the sent to my house so that when i get home i can just throw them all on. i don't know where i saw it, but somewhere i saw this center console that you can mount a stereo in. does anyone know about this?

all the way airborne

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's from Tuffy Security Products. There is a write up on the Product Reviews page. They can be purchased through 4WheelParts.

What part of MO are you from?

3. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

4. blueandyellowed

blueandyellowed Newbie

i'm from central missouri, small town called potosi. right now though i'm in a small town called samarra, iraq. it sucks, sure wish i was home. do you guys have a soft top for your k5's? i'm wondering which one you would reccommend.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you've got an Ipod, you could always go with a "cheapy" radio in the dash, get a locking tuffy console, and just run wiring from the console for the Ipod to the radio input. Forget about a CD deck or changer, which possibly could save you money.

Of course, if you like having a fancy stereo and such, I think a tuffy console with radio is a great idea.

I like having the stock radio in my truck, no one is going to bother with breaking into it for the radio. (or any other reason actually lol) I've got a cassette adapter for my Ipod, but hard wired would be more convenient and clean.

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I mounted a cd player inside my stock console. I got a stock radio delete plate to cover the empty hole in the dash. If I hid my $20 speaker box better nobody would be the wiser to my cheap setup. out of sight out of mind...Tuffy boxes are really nice, but I couldn't justify the cost.