Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

console seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tim_87, Aug 2, 2001.

1. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

just wondering if anyone has tried to install a center console seat between front bucket seats. i have a grand baby and i would like to have a seat in the front for her to ride on. if anyone has any ideas please respond.
    grandkids are wonderful!!!!!!

musicman

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I was thinkin of doing the same thing. I found some consoles seats on Ebay. Its a company that takes out these seats in new trucks for special orders. Cost was about 90 for the seat. Anyway, room was the issue I think the console seats were about 2" larger than the space available. I still think they would fit in there tho. You'll just need to reinforce the seat mounts when you install them in your Blazer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593652527

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Mreetz on 08/02/01 09:01 AM.</FONT></P>

3. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check the JCWhitney catalog. They have a company in there called "Qualtex" that makes center console seats that act as seats but also fold down and have cup holders and arm rests. They look great. You can call them at 1-800-865-4227 or go to their website at:

http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html
    So I says to him, I said, "get your own monkey."
    1986 K5, 350 GM Crate, 700R4, NP208

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm in the same boat (well my kid not grand baby). There are after market seats available that are set up that way but I haven't figured out if the passenger seat will slide foward easy to get people in the back. If you search e-bay there are several on there under "chevy".
    The other thing I have looked at and may be the cheaper route is Dodge trucks in the mid 90's have a seat that has 2 buckets with a center seat. the back of the center folds down and has a small storage compartment. You would need to find one out of the king cab without the extra side doors. They will have a double shuttle slide so the passenger seat will move way far foward so people can get in the back seat. Some even have the belts built into the seat. Comfortable seats. The mounting brackets are just about the right hight so it would be a reasonable easy install. Just make sure you put some good backing plates under the truck where the seat and extra seat belts get bolted down. Flat washers will fold. 2x2 inch 3/16 plate is what I used when I installed belts in the back for my kids.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper