Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

contact help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Nov 25, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

This just doesn't make sense to me. I am really frustrated right now, I feel like killing the contacts.
    On monday and tuesday morning I got the contacts in, in around 10-15 minutes. But now wednesday I couldn't get them in at all. I went to school without them. Then I finally got them in after school. Then thursday morning I spend 30 minutes trying to put them in, and they won't go in. I try 4 differnt times after school, until right now. They still will not go in.
    I can get the right one is alright, but the left one won't go in AT ALL. It just makes me sooo mad. PLEASE tell me there is something I am doing wrong. I'm wrecking my night being frustrated at them.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Be patient. I used to get so frustrated I couldn't do squat til I chilled out a little.

I'm assuming it's not sticking to your eye and is still on your finger when you pull your finger back?
    Make sure you're holding your eye open wide enough, and try it without a mirror if you use one now. Make sure the lens isn't inside out, too. If you're not sure, flip it and see if it looks obviously inside out.
    Make sure it's wet, too. I always rinse it good before inserting it, so there's suction and no dirt or overnight crud on it.

They might actually not fit, too. When they're in do they bother you throughout the day, or do they feel fine?

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

When I try to put them in, either one of the sides of the contact folds in, or folds out to stick on my finger. Or it unfolds and seals to my finger tip. I am holding my eye as wide as I can. I can't tell if it's inside out or not. I flip it around and it looks the same. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Whenever I put them in, they usually feel weird for a few minutes, then they are fine the rest of the day. Whenever I put them in, they are usually wet because I take them out of the solution, but after a few tries it starts to dry out a bit. NExt time I try I will make sure it is wet. The only thing is when it is wet, it wants to fold easier, and it's harder to position on my finger. I never thought contact lenses are so complicated.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Give it up, get some goggles

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Figuring out if the contact is flipped the wrong way is pretty easy:

If the contact is sitting on your fingertip, and you gently push down on the edge of the lens and it flips over and cups your fingertip, chances are it's inside out.

If you touch the edge and it DOESN'T flip over then you've probably got it right.

I've developed a habit of dropping a drop of solution right into the contact while it's on my fingertip right
    before I put it in my eye. The mini flood of solution seems to help it seat better on my eyeball.....

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ok, when you take it out, rinse off the storage solution, don't pull em out and stick em strait in your eye. Don't worry about wasting solution, when you're getting used to them, go through a lot of it, learn to conserve later in life...

I'd guess you have them inside out or you're inserting at an angle or off your eye a little. Try having it sit on your finger perfectly centered, and insert it in your eye as straight and "level" as possible, meaning with the whole thing touching your eye simultaneously, not one side before the other (that's what makes it flop).

Figuring out if it's inside out or not:
    gently push one edge, starting turning it inside out til it goes on it's own, then do the same thing going the other way, back. Whichever way it goes easiest is probably the right way.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

alright, next time I try (tomorrow morning) I will put it on my finger and push down on the sides to see if its right/wrong side up. I may be putting them unlevel or at an anagle, but im not sure, it's kind of hard to see. I NEED the mirror to put them in, or else it'd be up my nose or something /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    Thanks for the help. I still am mad at them. They can wait till tomorrow.

Does anyone have 1 step solution? It just says to put them in the container with the soluation, I don't have to do anything. Then I change the solution every night or morning. Does this sound right? The guy left me hanging about mantenance with them /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey I didn't see Paul's reply before putting mine up, double info...

For maint, when I had "daily wear" contacts, I would take them out, rub/clean them, put them in the sanitizer stuff, take them out the next morngin, rinse, insert. I used the saline that acts like a disinfectant, so I only used that and the cleaning stuff, no regular saline.
    Now, I use the no-rub cleaner/disinfecter/rinse stuff, which I think you're asking about. It does fine for me.

I chuck my contacts and start a fresh pair about once a month. It's supposed to be every 2 weeks, but I stretch it and they last fine. I'd definately invest on those more than the year-long daily wear's, but maybe not til you've gotten more used to the concept of sticking a piece of plastic inyour eye everyday...

9. Resurrection_Joe

Sure is fun shoving plastic crap in your eye eh?

This is exactly why I gave up on mine

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The ones I use are throw away every month type.
    Thanks for the help, i will report back tomorrow!

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I use the one step solution. Use it for storing and rinsing. Rinse them off before you put them in the the morning.

The one drop center mass on the contact is a good habit before you put it in your eye.

When I first started I did them at my desk, not at the sink. Dry your finger off, then put the contact on it, then a drop of solution.

Hold both eyelids out of the way, put it in, and rotate your eyeballs in circles to seat it, then let go of your eye lids.

Works every time.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay thanks. I will try again tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

well I couldn't get them in all weekend. I tried again tonight with my sister watching (shes had them for a year) and so I tried for 10 minutes, then finally I got them in.
    Hopefully I can get them in tomorrow morning for school.
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

So you think you'll stick with them ?

15. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

hmmm....I used to have the same problem, then I fixed it with these ---
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]