Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Continuous Wheel Balancers, or Wheel Spacers? Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Logan, Aug 19, 2000.

1. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Has anyone ever used these before?
    http://reality.sgi.com/rogerb/4x4/CheapTricks/WheelBalance/index.html
    Apparently, they've stopped making them for 15" wheels, but I'm very interested in getting something similar.

I just got a set of alloy rims -- for free!, and I wanted to mount them up on my Jimmy to replace my rusty steel wheels. They fit fine on the back, but there's almost no clearance on the front, between the balancing weights and the tie rods. There's no rubbing on the tire, but I had to hammer the balancing weights closer to the rim to make sure they didn't rub. I've driven the truck, and there are no problems -- even doing really sharp turns...Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but 1/8" clearance really doesn't seem like enough.

I've had a look at the link above, and I figured with the extra width that the spacer added, along with the removal of the balancing weights, I'd be all set. As luck would have it, they don't make them for 15" wheels any more.

The other option, was to see if I could find some wheel spacers for the front wheels, similar to what I've seen put on the back wheels of blazers, to push the wheels out a bit -- Do these even exist? Are they safe?

I really want to keep the new rims -- They look *SO* good. Any suggestions? Hell, I'd be willing to load up the studs with washers if I didn't think it'd kill me. ;)

2. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Nevermind -- I managed to find a few places that sell aluminum spacers. Nobody local yet, but I'll order if i have to.

-Al.

3. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

Were did you find them at at because I have the same problem except I cant balance my tires and I skake all over the place.

4. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Yeah where did you find them I need some of those also!

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

The only place that I found that sells spacers is Performance Wheel & Tire, 1096 W. Hamden Ave.,
    Englewood, CO., 80110, (303) 934-2929. In all of OKC, they give you a dumb look when you ask about wheel spacers. Good luck.