Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

contract work(simos) heard of them?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ronnny, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

In the last few years at work there is this company that does they say contract work. Some management people of them come in and bid on jobs that are production type jobs and such. Say like a sub assembly part of the assembly line or a line that makes parts in the weld shop. They tell the company that we will do this for x dollars a part. Then they bring in mostly tacos to do these jobs for next to nothing and the company is not responsible for any of the people or thier training. A few more of the good working people out of a job. And get put somewhere else. They pay most of these people by the part and i know they are not making much. It is not a temperary company. The temps can get hired full time but the others cannot. The temps make more money than this contract company pays thier people with the people having no chance of getting hired full time.
    On the news they are talking about delta contracting out more of it's work and laying more people off.
    But i guess the question is where else is doing this same thing? The contract companies name is "simos". If all this cheap labor keeps coming to the us in a few years with noone making better money because of this who will be able to buy things and won't the economy keep going to hell? Send the tacos north to america to work and send thier money home and take all these jobs that the ones getting out of highschool need. Besides them driving the health care system to hell.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Ahh, nothing like a good racial slur to liven up the day!

I have issues with the immigration (legal and illegal) problem in this country, but calling people "tacos" in a derogatory way is not exactly going to help things.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Wow, going through that, I didn't even think of taco as bigotry untill about the third time. I was imagining giant walking tacos and wondering what the hell he was talking about.