Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Conversion of 72 truck doors to blazer doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudduck74, May 1, 2006.

1. mudduck74

mudduck74 Registered Member

I found a local dealer who has brand new doors for a 1972 pickup truck. I need to know if they can be converted to doors for my 72 K5. It looks like all I would have to do is cut the toprail about 3-4" off of its front angle and remove the rear window rail. But before I decide to purchase these doors I'd like a few opinions concerning this procedure. Any help would be gratly appreciated. Also can anyone point me in the direction of some custom sot top manufacturers. Thanks.

2. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

Would have replied earlier but it took me a while to find it. Do a search in the 69-72 section under "turning a truck door into a blazer door?" This will tell you everything you need to know. You should have posted this in the 69-72 area.

3. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

yes you cut the tops off and you need the brace plates and caps from k5 doors

the right way is to drill out the spot welds that hold the frame in and pull it out of the shell, but cutting them off works too

Last edited: May 2, 2006