Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Conversion U Joint part #

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I need the # for the bastard joint for a 10 bolt to a 14FF. OR what joint # to what joint #. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif What is it, 1310 to a 1350?

I am closing in on finishing this round of mods on PI and this is one of the last things I need. Id rather have the shaft end changed out but I am out of time (and WAY over budget /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) and need to get PI back on the road so I can get some test and tune time in before Rebel Run. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW Ill post what Ive done and some pics when I get it done. Ive been too busy/tired to even mention what Ive been up to lately. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

#348 for the full circle clip style- Thats what I needed to go from 12b driveline to 14b.

#447 for the c-clip style.

I thin I paid $27 for #348. Ya might want to double check those, It's been awhile since Ihad to think about them. Or I'm sure someone will correct me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Arent 10 and 12s different yokes? When I got PI it had a 12 in the rear. Long story short, the 12 wasnt part of the deal. It had a crossover joint to make the 12 hook up. In fact the 12 joint was smaller then the 10. I never did understand that.

Now that I think of it when I got a new joint for the front shaft the parts store sent me a joint that was smaller than I needed and said it was what a K5 called for. I ended up getting the right joint for it after some convincing the guy it wouldnt fit no matter what the computer said. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If it ends up being too much for the joint (Like 30-40 bucks) Ill just send the shaft out and have the end swapped. Ill end up cheaper that way than buying a few bastard joints to carry on the run. I have the correct shaft end at the shop, I am just pressed for time and the nearest driveshaft shop is some 30 somethin miles away.

4. Zeus33rd

I think the part # for your app. would be the 447. I've never seen one so I dont know for sure. I definatley understand the time thing, thats why I've got the bastard joint...I really need to get new drivelines period....mine are pretty tore up. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

search works doesnt it?
    this post comes up every 2 days or so

6. Pure Insanity

Theres a search on this site? OOPS newbie mistake.

LOL! I tried and came up w/ different #s . Maybe I just looked into the wrong posts. Ill try a search again and reword it. I havent seen this topic come up in quite a while or I would have saved it just for this reason. Then again I have been so busy and basicly skimming thru the posts I may have over looked it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Thanx Kid.

And mj, I changed my search, and the only posts I managed to find w/ the right answer was all the way back in July and August. The different part #s I was finding turned out to be the 2 that Kid posted, and I found an explaination of them.

SOOOOO I got it handled now. Thanx!

8. Zeus33rd

Was I right about what one ya needed?

9. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

neapco 3-3140- Jess

10. Pure Insanity

I think you were. The driveshaft I have now uses the C clips inside the yoke, rather than the full circle on the the outside of the yoke. Ill know for sure when I get them in my hand and compare them.

Ill take your # w/ me too Jess. The more #s I have to cross reference the better.

Thanx guys.